High coverage of BRT CoE research in Thredbo 13 proceedings
01 / 02 / 2015
A few weeks ago the Journal Research in Transportation Economics released the selection of papers from the Thredbo 13 Conference “Competition and Ownership in Land Passenger Transport”. The volume 48 (dec 2014) is already available online and was edited by John Preston, David A. Hensher and Ruth Steel. We are glad to comment that it includes 11 articles of recent research done by members of the BRT Centre of Excelence.
The publications are the following:
- Barriers to planning and implementing Bus Rapid Transit Systems by Luis Antonio Lindau, Dario Hidalgo and Adriana de Almeida Lobo
- Incentive schemes for bus drivers: The case of the public transit system in Santiago, Chile by Ignacio Tiznado, Patricia Galilea, Felipe Delgado and Markus Niehaus
- Bus Rapid Transit versus Heavy Rail in suburban Sydney – Comparing successive iterations of a proposed heavy rail line project to the pre-existing BRT network by Geoffrey T. Clifton, Corinne Mulley and David A. Hensher
- Policy packaging in BRT projects: A methodology for case study analysis by Luis N. Filipe and Rosário Macário
- Drivers of bus rapid transit systems – Influences on patronage and service frequency by David A. Hensher, Zheng Li and Corinne Mulley
- Public transport integration in Bogotá and Cali, Colombia – Facing transition from semi-deregulated services to full regulation citywide by Dario Hidalgo and Robin King
- Transantiago, five years after its launch by Juan Carlos Muñoz, Marco Batarce and Dario Hidalgo
- Open access for railways and transaction cost economics – Management perspectives of Australia’s rail companies by Rico Merkert and David A. Hensher
- Exhaust emissions of transit buses: Brazil and India case studies by Erin Cooper, Magdala Arioli, Aileen Carrigan and Luis Antonio Lindau
- Metrobuses in Sydney: How high capacity and high frequency services are benefiting the Metropolitan fringe by Chinh Ho and Corinne Mulley
- Land use/transport integration: Starting at the right place by John K. Stanley
Likewise, some of the Workshop Reports were written by BRT CoE members. The volume also includes more papers related to BRT by other prominent authors. Continue reading more publications of this release here.