Mobility as a Service (MaaS) Trial in Sydney
06 / 20 / 2019
Mobility as a Service (MaaS) is a combination of public and private transport services within a given regional environment that provides holistic, optimal and people centred travel options, to enable end-to- end journeys paid for by the user as a single charge, and which aims to achieve key public equity objectives. (Cubic definition)
At ITLS – University of Sydney, a MaaS Trial is being undertaken with the following objectives:
- To explore appropriate transport service mixes and subscription plans for early adopters of MaaS.
- To generate first-hand knowledge of actual MaaS experiences.
- To assess the readiness of the current public and private transport mix in Sydney to support MaaS.
- To advance the understanding of user uptake and willingness-to-pay for MaaS.
- To test the ability to influence travel behaviour through introducing MaaS subscriptions.
- To document the experience in designing, planning and undertaking a MaaS trial.