EMBARQ and the World Bank will co-host the tenth annual Transforming Transportation conference at the World Bank in Washington, D.C.. There is more work to be done within the transport community to achieve scale and widespread adoption of sustainable solutions. Join them to explore these big opportunities.
Conference sessions will address the following topics:
• Improving health & safety in cities
• Capitalizing on the multilateral development banks’ $175b commitment for sustainable transport at Rio+20
• Integrating urban transport and development
• Benefits of high quality urban design
• Fulfilling UN Decade of Action for Road Safety commitments
• National transport finance programs
• Bringing shared bicycle solutions to scale in developing countries
• Opening transport data
• How governance can facilitate strong institutional coordination
• NEW! Big opportunities for sustainable transport in a specific country/region: China, India and Latin America
Location: The World Bank
1818 H Street, NW
Washington, DC 20433 USA
The World Bank is accessible from the Farragut West Metro station (on the Orange and Blue lines) and the Farragut North Metro station on the Red line.
For more info and to help plan your visit, see Washington Metropolitan Transit Authority.
Another option is Capital Bikeshare, with two stations at 18th St and Pennsylvania Ave NW and 19th St and Pennsylvania Ave NW. For more info see Capital Bikeshare.